Sunday, October 17, 2021

The Gifts of The Spirit Are Alive and Well

by steven masone

 All of the teaching in 1 Corinthians 14 are Commandments of God...17"If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. 38But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant. 39Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues. 40Let all things be done decently and in order." Now if God commands "forbid not to speak in tongues" (or operate in any of gifts) then where are these commandments cancelled by God's Word? Cessationists use one scripture out of context to claim the gifts have ceased, "For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

[10] "But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away." They usually leave out the conterxt.
[11] When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
[12] For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 1 Cor 13 They say this means when the New Testament/Bible is cannonized, it is "that which is perfect shall come" Paul makes clear he is teaching that "that which is perfect shall come is the second coming of Jesus Christ...'But then face to face, now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." Clearly he speaks of Christ's return. now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. Perfect in grk... "teleios: having reached its end, i.e. complete, by ext. perfect
Original Word: τέλειος, α, ον
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: teleios
Phonetic Spelling: (tel'-i-os)
Definition: having reached its end, complete, perfect. The end of this Age at the second coming brings in the next Age where Jesus Christ, who is perfect, rules and reigns in a perfect New Jerusalem! Then...the gifts cease as we shall know as we are known by Christ, no : "And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever." Rev 22:5 No longer seeing through the glass darkly as there shall be no darkness there.

No comments:

Post a Comment