Friday, June 15, 2012

Confessions from a death bed...

The last ten days as I was in the hospital with heart problems, I looked for the good that would come out of this trial. Facing serious health issues with mortal consequences, I understood some things as to my calling and purpose as an end-time minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. When the biblical truth that Jesus reiterated concerning "the first shall be last and the last shall be first, was revealed to me in the "Spirit"....I saw it connected to the "Apostasy."      
For it was ambition, and vain glory that prompted the question "Who shall be the greatest?" (in Matthew 20:20 James and John's Mother asked that they be the Lords top two apostles.)

        The Lord replied that those who seek self-promotion and position will be last. I had to ask God if my work was done, and if not, what was I doing or not doing that he allowed me to be sidelined for another season?

God once again revealed to me that "my plans" and my desires for "great things" disqualified me as it does all who want to get ahead of God! Not that a preacher ought not to have great faith in God for great revival, but there is a fine line between soul winning and wanting vain glory for the same!

Many preachers/saints neglect the souls they cross in their Valleys, for they often come few and far between. No one to shout and dance about it but "all of heaven." (Luke 15:7) Personal, one to one evangelism is always the Lord's way in between the great crowds, he never neglected the ones by the waysides or at a well, or even hanging next to him on the cross. He never stopped reaching and loving.

Jesus said in Mark 9 in reply to ambition, "One cannot enter except as like a little child."

If Jesus shall come like a "THIEF IN THE NIGHT, " my plans are for naught! "Today is the day that the LORD hath Made." Today I must reach for souls who God has put in my path, whether he places one or one thousand in front of me, it will be him, by his will for his glory and not man's. 

"It's not by power nor by might, but by my SPIRIT saith the Lord!" If I stay in the "SPIRIT" I will  miss few precious souls. Jacob being a case in point. His best laid plans only hindered him time after time until he had his Bethel.

Perhaps if it is Gods Will for myself or any preacher to ignite a tremendous revival, it will always start with one new birth, miracle, sign or wonder that sprung from obedience to Word and Spirit, Today! Whether no one but God knows, our love for that soul must be preeminent in our "intentions of the heart."

When we see services where souls are at the alter and being filled with the Holy Ghost, or baptized in that wonderful name, do we join with heaven and rejoice? Or are we already so deep in Apostasy that we would rather find out where everyone will be going out to eat, or rushing home for our precious leisure time.

An Apostate people who have lost their first love for soul's, build on SAND.

HAGGAI 1:2 -4" Thus speaketh the Lord of Hosts, saying, This people say, The time is not come, the time that the Lords house should be built."  " Then came the word of the Lord by Haggai the prophet, saying,  Is it time for you, O ye to dwell in your cieled houses, and this house lie waste?"

In America and elsewhere, we see great mega-buildings constructed, yet unfilled. We see the choir lofts and platforms full of those who are seen of all, but do they see the one who sits at the 'gate beautiful' begging for alms? Do we here the cries that are deep within each person we pass that needs God? 

Do we even see that the "first that shall be last" are the "goats" that Jesus Judges last, and sends them into everlasting punishment?

If the joy of seeing a sinner respond to the Gospel Of Jesus Christ and become a Born Again Believer, is not reward enough in and of it's self ...then our motives are prideful and selfish and our work in vain! 








No comments:

Post a Comment